Monday, November 7, 2011

No new is good news, right?

I found out last Friday that Authoress over at Miss Snark's First Victim has already made her way through the adult entrants in her Baker's Dozen Agent Auction and notification to the finalists is going to be going out today rather than next Monday as originally planned.

I hoped this morning I would wake up to a bright shiny finalist notification in my inbox but there was nothing.  So in the best tradition of an internet stalker I popped over to her blog to see if there was anything there stating she'd sent out the notifications.  There wasn't.  Crap. But no news is good news, right?

Now I'm having horrible flashbacks to my first days of querying when my email inbox was open ALL THE TIME.  Getting more than twenty feet away from my computer caused heart palpitations, sweating and slight nausea and getting close enough to actually look at it caused light-headedness, graying out of my vision and extreme nausea.  Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a little, but I just hope my kids are okay with the fact that we're not leaving the house today. 

On a different note, I just read The Raising by Laura Kasischke and loved it.  Other than the conclusion, which was a bit abrupt and ambiguous for my taste, it was a really excellent book. I love the author's use of language and the little details about human reaction that ring so true and are so well and uniquely described.  Also it was far creepier than anything I've read in the horror genre in a long time and it wasn't even horror.  I'm definitely looking forward to reading more by this author. 

4 comments:

Anne Gallagher said...

I hate waiting for news. Wish you the best of luck with this, Angie.

Anne said...

Waiting is so hard, but just hang in there. Good luck!

Old Kitty said...

Awww lovely Angie!! Step. Away. From. The. PC. LOL!!

Oh but I do so understand your anxiety - I'd be clicking that inbox and trawling the net for any news too!!!

But you hang on in there!! I have all my bendy bits and then some crossed for you!! Yay!! Take care
x

Talli Roland said...

I know that sweaty, queasy feeling way too way! Waiting is the worst.