Monday, November 21, 2011

Writing during a rough week

In the past week both of my kids got their second cold of the cold and flu season and it's a doozy.  Despite humidifiers, baby rub, homeopathic cold remedies and everything else we could think of they've hacked their way through every night, waking up multiple times, sometimes coughing until everything in their little tummies come up.  I took them to the doctor and he said it was nothing that could be helped by antibiotics.  They're miserable.  I'm miserable.

On top of that I got my wisdom teeth removed on Thursday and started hacking and sneezing myself on Friday.  Then my poor husband got his dose of the crud on Friday.  It hasn't been a great week.  But here's the funny thing I've written more in the past week than I've managed to put down on paper in a long time.  I'm not sure how it happened.  I know I had a lot of time to think about my WIP while I was laying in bed at night wincing with each little kid cough, waiting to see if my kiddos would settle back to sleep or need me to comfort them.  Apparently that translated into a high word count.  I'm glad the gray cloud that hovered over last week had such a great silver lining. Now to see if any of the stuff I wrote while sleep dazed and drugged up is any good. 

7 comments:

prerna pickett said...

sounds miserable. But it is that time of year...unfortunately. Good luck with writing! I hope you and your family recover soon.

Anne said...

I hope your family is recoving from the colds. Some how you did get the inspiration to write despite feeling miserable. Hope it all worked out for you.

Steven W said...

when it rains it pours ... I feel for your miserable week. Here's hoping next week's filled with good health and loads of time to create!
cheers

Old Kitty said...

Oh Ann! I am so so so sorry the whole family is ill - but you had the extra thing of having your wisdom tooth taken out! Yikes!! But like a trouper - you've come out fighting under pressure! Well done you with your wip and writing! Brilliant!!

I hope all the family start to get better asap! Rest, fluids, vitamin C and more rest!! Awwww! Take care
x

Talli Roland said...

Oh, my - that doesn't sound like a great week! The funny thing is, sometimes I write more when I'm tired, too. It's like I can't be bothered to move, so I just sit and write!

AD said...

Hope you're better now. And the kids and your hubby too. You're such a fine writer, so easy ta read and smile with.

Peggy Eddleman said...

So happy you got a silver lining! Because wisdom teeth out? Followed closely by a cold? Ack!